Thursday, January 22, 2009

South America's Napa


Mendoza, Argentina is the darling of the wine world right now, thanks to its sublime wines, beauty, affordability and perhaps because of articles such as the ones I wrote this week in Newsweek International that sing its praise.

The first article is a first-person account of my experiences in Mendoza, and my favorite places to visit there. The second talks about the very real possibility of owning your own vineyard, and the third about non-wine activities on tap in Mendoza.

No, I did not title the article "South America's Napa," a Newsweek editor in New York did, but I think it rings true.

Have you been to Mendoza? What are your favorite places there? Drop me a line and let me know.

Photo of Bodega Salentein in Valle de Uco by B.B.

No comments: